Old September 22nd 05, 09:33 PM
dannyfrankszzz

Default Assault with a deadly weapon - a car?

When I was in town earlier today cycling along, a motorist drove past
hurling a load of abuse at me for some reason. I was quite shocked at
this as I was unaware that I had done anything wrong. The vehicle
stopped at the next set of traffic lights, and I approached the
driver’s window querying his actions. The driver hurled more abuse at
me and I told him where to go. As the lights turned to green, I spat
on the car (yes, I know what you’re thinking, but I’m telling you the
whole truth…).

Anyway, as I continued to cycle on, the driver then drove his vehicle
into me leaving me in a heap on the pavement. Fortunately my bike bore
the brunt of the collision and I escaped with cuts and bruises and some
whiplash. The driver then drove off.

There were plenty of eye witnesses to the incident who came forward and
gave me their details.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t assaulting someone with a car at
speed ‘assault with a deadly weapon’ and comes under GBH?

Furthermore, judging from the behaviour of the individual and the way
he was talking, I’m certain that he was high on cocaine at the time,
although I’m not sure how provable this would be.

Can anyone clarify the legal situation for me a bit more before I take
things any further?

Thanks.

--
dannyfrankszzz