Old September 22nd 05, 10:49 PM
Colin McKenzie

Default Assault with a deadly weapon - a car?

Bill wrote:
"dannyfrankszzz"
When I was in town earlier today cycling along, a motorist drove past
hurling a load of abuse at me for some reason. I was quite shocked at
this as I was unaware that I had done anything wrong. The vehicle
stopped at the next set of traffic lights, and I approached the
driver's window querying his actions. The driver hurled more abuse at
me and I told him where to go. As the lights turned to green, I spat
on the car (yes, I know what you're thinking, but I'm telling you the
whole truth.).

Anyway, as I continued to cycle on, the driver then drove his vehicle
into me leaving me in a heap on the pavement. Fortunately my bike bore
the brunt of the collision and I escaped with cuts and bruises and some
whiplash. The driver then drove off.

I reckon I will be in a minority of one here, but personally I think you are
a bloody idiot.

You're probably right. But that doesn't alter the fact that the OP was
assualted with intent to cause GBH (at least) and his attacker needs
to be locked (if not strung) up. If the price of this is accepting a
slapped wrist for conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace, so be
it. Hope he's got his number and description.

Colin McKenzie