Old January 9th 19, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default More Justice Department Hiding

On 1/9/2019 9:32 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/8/2019 9:11 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/8/2019 7:53 PM, news18 wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jan 2019 10:22:50 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 4:09:42 PM UTC-8, Frank
Krygowski wrote:

That wasn't the part that was wrong. Tom needs to learn
cloud types if
he's going to talk about them.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tell me Frank - what is the difference between a cumulus
and an
altocumulus. Or is this another of your juvenile typo
bull****?

Here you are;
https://www.thoughtco.com/types-of-c...he-sky-4025569

Following the shift in topic (hey, it's Usenet!):

Way back when I was in college and had no money, I found a
beautiful little book in the library: _Instant Weather
Forecasting_ by Alan Watts. Along with some excellent
fundamentals on weather, its main feature was pages of
photos of various cloud types, with explanations of what
phenomena generated the clouds and what sort of weather
might be expected.

I couldn't afford to buy it, but I borrowed it from the
library over and over. I hoped to learn its principles and
use them on long tours. I envisioned riding across America
and being expert with my choices of route and shelter.

Well, I never became really expert, although I tried. And by
the time I actually did ride across America, it made a lot
more sense to just look at the weather channel whenever I
got the chance.

These days, I can just call up a weather map on my phone (as
I did today) and see "Holy cow, we'd better head for home
right now!"

The young whippersnappers have it so easy!

Alan Watts the Zen philosopher? Huh didn't know that.

I'm sure it's a different Alan Watts. This guy was a meteorologist who
was also writing a physics textbook when he wrote _Instant Weather
Forecasting_.

I suspect the other Alan Watts would just say "The weather is what the
weather is."

--
- Frank Krygowski