Old December 17th 17, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On 12/17/2017 4:13 AM, Tosspot wrote:

Joining in subjectively, the garage looks photo-shopped.Â* However, the
beam pattern is exactly like my CYO.Â* I angle it down a fraction more
than in that picture, cutoff hits the ground ~20-30 metres from the
bike, making that dip between near and far more pronounced, but that it
what it looks like on unlit asphalt.

Look at the bleed left and right, that's what I don't see the need for!

Personally, I think the next development in bike headlight optics should
be to purposely add lateral beam width, and with an upward component. I
want cutoff straight ahead, as with automobile lights. But if there were
a little more light thrown (say) up to the right, it would help on a
right turn into a driveway or tight street intersection that was unlit.
The upward component would be to compensate for the bike's tilt during
the turn.

A further benefit would be a brighter light directed toward motorists
approaching a stop sign as the bicyclist proceeded with the right of way.

--
- Frank Krygowski