Old July 4th 12, 05:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Wes Groleau

Default Please don't help so much

On 07-03-2012 13:59, Phil W Lee wrote:
In London, the Metropolitan Police even have a contact website where
you can report bad driving and present video evidence, which they will
act on. Drivers are gradually learning that they can no longer regard
the absence of a police officer on the scene as a reliable indication
that their behaviour won't be viewed by one later, in glorious HD
video. Some have been prosecuted, and a number of vehicles seized, as
a result of this. It is helpful "pour encourager les autres".

We had a discussion here about one such prosecution. Several of us
noted that although the driver merited severe penalties, it would not be
surprising for the cyclist to have been cited for violations he
performed earlier in the video. :-)

--
Wes Groleau

It seems a pity that psychology should have
destroyed all our knowledge of human nature.
— G. K. Chesterton