Old January 25th 13, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Pittsburgh hills

On Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:03:48 PM UTC-8, Jym Dyer wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...-dozen-663572/

Wow, and I thought that 20% was painful. Of course that is a

mile long. but 37% is amazing. You can't pave something that

steep so it much be built of stones.

=v= Many Pittsburgh streets are brick, with cobblestone for the

especially steep sections.

=v= I grew up biking these streets, and have long been puzzled

by people saying that San Francisco is a hilly place to ride. :^)

_Jym_

Jym - how long are these sections? A hundred yards or so is manageable but as I said, we have a 20% grade of a mile in a couple of places around SF bay. Not that I'd go riding that when for only 6 miles you can get around it. :-)