Old April 24th 19, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Electric Bikes

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:28:07 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/23/2019 8:26 PM, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 14:21:17 -0700, wrote:

I received an email from a local bike shop. They were advertising
e-bikes. Three of them were shown. $2400 Raleigh. $4050 Specialized..
$5050 Specialized. I had no idea electric bikes were that F---ing
expensive. That is almost Half the price of one of those $10,000+
Specialized Venge Tour de France bikes. I have not looked recently, but
I am positive that you can buy a new or used motorcycle, scooter, moped
for much less than those prices. I suppose riding e-bikes can get you
some exercise which is good for you, but if you have to pay that much
for it, wow. It almost makes those monthly gym membership fees seem
reasonable.

Suppossedly it is the cost of the lithium batteries.
Then there is the early adopter markup addded-on,
Then there is the birht and shinny new cost added on.

Wait until wallymat/etc starts offering them.

in USA, WalMart is among the largest sellers of electric
two-wheelers.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Are Wally Mart electric bicycles as poor quality and assemble as most of their regular bicycles?

The last bicycle shop I worked at had many customers with bicycles that needed basic setup and/or minor repairs because they were low end department store bicycles. Many of those bicycles were not safe to ride as delivered to the department store customer. I wonder if electric bicycles sold by them are the same low quality ot poor assembly?

Cheers

Cheers