Old June 28th 20, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Government Bicycle Program News

On 6/27/2020 7:20 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 2:06:57 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 11:56:04 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:

Just the other day, one of our members showed up on his $10K carbon fiber racing bike with step in pedals -- wearing all lycra and a garish jersey -- and his handlebars were on backwards! I had to fix that for him. Pfff. I am astounded by these sport cyclists.

-- Jay Beattie.

Handlebars on backwards? Please provide some more details. Did he have the bars on so the ends were pointed toward the front wheel, but still have the tops on top, and the hooks on the bottom? Just turn the bars 180 degrees left to right.

It was a riff on Franks numerous comments about his mechanically incompetent club cohorts. But in my imagination, they were backwards and upside down.

I guess I should apologize for fixing other people's bikes? Maybe I
should try to quit that? (I'm off to a good start. I haven't fixed one
for almost 24 hours.)

It's a fact that this is a discussion group purportedly about bike
technology. I think most here are far better than average bike
mechanics. Am I really not supposed to allude to that fact?

(Ask about what I fixed yesterday. You'll love the answer.)

--
- Frank Krygowski