Old September 3rd 05, 09:41 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Gas will be $4.00 a gallon by Monday 9-05.

This is very reliable information I got from the person who runs my local
Mobil station. Keep in mind this information is coming from St. Louis
Missouri.

By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in nation wide)
will
be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after that it
will
be $5.00 a gallon.

While that's a believable scenario, it's not very likely. Gas at $5/gallon
would cause people to seriously change their driving habits, such that
demand might not only decrease short-term, but perhaps a certain number of
people would actually make long-term lifestyle changes such that even with
less-expensive gas down the road, they still might not use their cars nearly
as much as before.

The oil companies are in it for the long run, and are most-likely smart
enough to avoid that situation if possible. Yes, they'll want to make
money... lots of it... but they don't want to kill the goose that laid the
golden egg (consumer demand for driving).

Now watch me eat my words two weeks from now...

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"ReptilesBlade" wrote in message
This is very reliable information I got from the person who runs my local
Mobil station. Keep in mind this information is coming from St. Louis
Missouri.

By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in nation wide)
will
be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after that it
will
be $5.00 a gallon.

I just wanted to put the word out as best I could to help as many people
as I
could avoid getting taken by surprise.

Thank you and buy a bike. I recommend Trek personally.

--
---
END OF LINE.

http://www.usenet.com