Old September 4th 05, 04:50 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default Gas will be $4.00 a gallon by Monday 9-05.

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Llatikcuf:
Nobody needs a 2 ton SUV that gets 10 miles a gallon!!!

Actually, more like 4 tons/14 mpg.

But some people do need such things - some for load carrying
capacity... but some large people just for egnomics/safety.

Sit in your own car. Now slide the seat forward until your shins
are pressed against the dashboard hard enough to be a little sore
right away and raise the seat until your head is leaving a grease
spot in the headliner.

That's precisely my situation sitting in my wife's Chevy Lumina with
the seat all the way down and back.

Now, bearing in mind that your body will still slam about eight
inches forward against the seat belts and six inches upward in a
minor collision, tell me how safe you feel.

But Pete, you are 6'5". I'm a full foot shorter than you, and IIRC, the
national average is 5'8." I doubt most of us would have a problem. I'm
pretty sure the OP meant "most don't" instead of "nobody."

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training