Old June 22nd 15, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default AG: Riding is Communication

On 6/21/2015 7:53 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

I had a conversation on the road Saturday:

I was riding down a lightly-traveled county road when I saw a pick-up
truck coming toward me, and a car in my mirror. So I turned my head
as if looking back, then shifted toward the middle of my half of the
road. Once the truck was past, I looked back again and shifted to the
edge of the pavement. The car promptly overtook me properly.

In English:

Me: Oops, it's not safe to pass right now.
Driver: Now that you mention it, I can see that.
Me: Now it's safe.
Driver: So it is.

Beautiful!

It's sad that so many people think that's impossible.

--
- Frank Krygowski