Old November 10th 17, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RJH[_2_]

Default Bike Lights Recommendation

On 09/11/2017 20:55, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 6:19:30 PM UTC, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:35:52 -0800 (PST)
Simon Jester wrote:

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:10:49 PM UTC, RJH wrote:
I seem to end up asking about this every couple of years - best
bike lights for urban use?

SON deluxe hub dynamo
BM IQ cyo front
AXA Optica rack mounted rear.
Cateye flashing LED on seatpost

Well worth the money.

OP wrote "up to say £50?"

Indeed - I'm not about to splash out that amount - but interesting to
know about all the same. They seem to have sorted the 'at standstill'
issue to some extent.

Does not change the fact that hub dynamos and lamps firmly bolted to the vehicle are best for urban cycling.

Despite the extra effort? :-) -

https://www.cyclingabout.com/dynamo-...g-lab-testing/

Although they don't factor in the extra weight of the hub.

--
Cheers, Rob