Old November 15th 17, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On 2017-11-14 15:59, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 12:37:35 -0800, Joerg

On 2017-11-13 19:02, Frank Krygowski wrote:

[...]

This is true. Again, we're an unusual group. If you gave every American
a perfectly safe, absolutely level, completely separated bike path
directly from their house to their favorite grocery store one mile away,
I doubt more than 3% would ride bikes to shop.

They would if you gave them an E-bike with a throttle-only mode. And if
it had an A/C button.

I know you don't believe it but I know it for a fact that there is a
number of people who will ride when there is a bike path. It may be only
1-3% but for America that is a lot and as you wrote yourself that alone
presents a tremendous cost savings for our health care network.

Democracy in action? Spending the tax payer's money to build something
for 1% of the population?

Yes. It doesn't cost 1%. As a taxpayer I want my taxes to also pay for
bike paths and not as usual roads only.

Singletrack can cost next to nothing when maintained by IMBA, FATRAC or
similar volunteer organizations. Americans are quite the role model when
it comes to volunteering and donating.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/