Old October 23rd 04, 05:47 AM
Tom Kunich

"Bill Z." wrote in message

Given the number of careers you've claimed to have, Tommy, I really
don't believe you.

Why that just devastates me Bill. But then again, I'm not frightened to
death that other's might find out who I am that I am shaking with fear that
someone else might so much as discover what sort of HELMET I wear!

Perhaps you'd care to explain Section 21212(c) of the California
Vehicle Code which says, "No person shall sell, or offer for sale, for
use by an operator or passenger of a bicycle, nonmotorized scooter,
skateboard, or in-line or roller skates any safety helmet which is not
of a type meeting requirements established by this section." That
section refers to standards set by the ASTM or the U.S. CPSC. Both
supercede the ANSI standard which expired in 1994. If you check
http://www.bhsi.org/stdcomp.htm, you'll find that "In May, 1995, the
ANSI Z90.4 committee voted to adopt the ASTM standard as its own to
replace the 1984 version, reflecting the movement of active standards
development to ASTM." http://www.bhsi.org/cpscfinl.htm has the CPSC
standard.

What is there about the term - "self certified" that you don't understand?

Your name backwards is pmulpmuL ylliW