Old March 14th 18, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default New bike path

On 2018-03-13 21:00, jbeattie wrote:

How has welfare changed in the last 20 years? That's not a rhetorical
question.Â* Really -- go and look at the changes and analyze whether
that accounts for increased homelessness in California.Â* Track the
changes against homeless population increases and decreases, then you
can determine what social policies make a difference.Â* Personally, I
see a lot of crazy people, many drug affected, some on the streets by
choice (the uber Bohemian set) and the rare person who lost a job and
became economically displaced.

That has already been studied at nauseam and the conclusions are
generally always the same:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...114-story.html

On purpose I have brought a link from a somewhat left-leaning paper.
Even they admit to what the root causes for the increase (and decrease
in other regions) in homelessness are.

The discussion is about homelessness, Joerg. In your zeal to condemn
welfare policies you linked to an article about poverty written by a
"free market" evangelist. But poverty and homelessness are not the same.

I really am interested in data demonstrating a cause & effect
relationship between state politics and homelessness. You haven't
provided that. Please try again.

--
- Frank Krygowski