Old January 2nd 19, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Mayor down

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 9:33:24 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
San Jose mayor in a car-bike crash:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...JLK-t1vvZZJXiQ

--
- Frank Krygowski

For those unaware - Sierra Grade is one of the most fearsome climbs in the San Jose area. I've never been up it but I've been led to believe that there are 14% sections. Also - there is NOTHING but one farm if memory serves.

In our Best of the Bay the 150 mile ride would take the Sierra Grade cutoff. The people showing up at the end which was in Fremont could barely walk. Many wouldn't take the cut-off and cut it down to 130 miles.