Old August 28th 04, 04:21 PM
Gman

On 17 Aug 2004 02:14:19 GMT, Stephen Baker wrote:
engamarus says:

I'm more worried about uphills behaviour, than downhills, as I think you
always have to suffer in uphills, and have fun in downhills. I'd prefer
less suffer than more fun . But obviously, I need more fun than a
downhill with a hardtail.

If you have to buy a full sus to have more "fun" than a hardtail or even
(gasp!) a rigid bike, then you must be confusing speed with skill.

Steve

Well I dunno about that. So you say skill=fun and not
speed=fun??? I disagree, they are both fun!

Even tho I often reach for a rigid bike, the FS is awfully
fun in much different ways. Speed *is* fun a lot of the
time.

There are lots of trails that I can just flow better with
the springs. I don't have to be "on", just point and shoot
baby! Something in the way? No problem...BAM and I'm over
it (/especially/ with the Zoke).

OTOH, skill is fun too, which is why lots of the AMB folks
have rigid SS bikes. For the challenge...

Gman "a little extra time on my hands this weekend" =)