Old March 2nd 05, 08:11 PM
Ken Marcet

"Ken Marcet" wrote in message
About this bike someone gave me,
The only decals on it are on the top tube reads "Western Flyer"
on the seatpost tube "10 speed"
and on the front of the headtube "Western Flyer"
looks to be an old American made bike, with ashtabula style crank
Shimano rear derail, stem mount shifters and 26 x 1 3/8 tires and rims.
Frame looks as though it is a lugless design with no weld visible on the
main triangle.

Anybody have any info or insight into this bike?
Ken

Okay after doing some googling of "western flyer" I seem to have found lots
of links pages that talk about "western flyers" that date all the way back
to the 40's! Now I know this 10 speed is NOT that old. And I have read that
some "western flyers" were sold at Western Auto Parts stores. Read somewhere
that some were built by Schwinn anyone know if this is true?

Ken

--
More of my mind dribblings: http://mind-dribble.blogspot.com/
And my homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/