Old February 9th 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Bike building

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 7:56:19 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/9/2017 9:45 AM, wrote:
Hi Peers,

I am Maria. I love to cycle and have few bikes. Been thinking about building a bike myself or for my kid.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Share with me your experience?

Thanks.

Assuming that means building a steel frame?

If you don't already have torch skills, enroll in a tech
school night class for low temperature brazing. One semester
is enough and they are cheap.

Start with a copy of a frame you have at hand, using direct
measure rather than conjecture about geometry changes. As
with any metalwork, measurement and planning are key to a
successful construction.

Make it a vacation!
http://www.bikeschool.com/classes/fr...ilding-classes I'd do it in Portland, but Ashland is beautiful with lots of climbing. http://traveloregon.com/cities-regio...regon/ashland/ Go to the Shakespeare festival.

-- Jay Beattie.