Old July 6th 18, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Ericsson

Default Torque Applied to Saddle Clamp?

On 06/07/2018 15:22, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/07/18 14:50, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
As Subject:.Â* I know (since it's marked on the clamp) that 8.9 N-m is the
torque to apply to the seat post on my Surly.Â* What about the clamp that
actually holds the saddle to the seatpost?Â* I'm tempted to give it the
same.Â* Any ideas?

What sort of clamp is it?

~ Steel band with threaded stud and two nuts probably impossible to
overtighten.

lol, someone will use a 500mm ratchet drive.

I normally just do it hand tight with a little Allen key (7cm) so I
guess about 7 N-m. I did have my saddle come loose a couple of weeks
ago, but I take a tool kit on rides so not really a problem.