Old November 26th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gonzo

Default Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Jogi,

What sort of muniing experience are you looking for? specifically
downhill?
in terms of duration, how many hours of riding?
I know a place near Aberdeen where you can have good fun for a couple
of hours. It keeps going up and down, and is pretty technical globally
(lots of roots and rocks). The downhills are never very long (takes 5
minutes for the longest one) and there are no scary drops, so it
probably is more like XC muni. Although some of the slopes are decently
steep.
If you are looking for longer rides, then I do not know as I have never
tried any.
It does not take too long to walk up to Lochnagar actually. You can do
it in, say 2-3hours. That leaves enough time to ride back before dark.
That is the only place I know with potentially long downhill rides I am
afraid! But there are plenty others.

Otherwise, you can check this site as well - it has a good list of
cycling trails with details on each (steepness, terrain type, length,
etc.). The places I usually go to around Aberdeen are all listed there
(e.g. Kirkhill). Most tracks referenced there would be more suitable
for XC, but some should be really good and technical (some are
recommended for good or expert mountain-bikers - for instance Pitfichie
near Aberdeen, which I need to try soon, seems to have good drops...).

http://tinyurl.com/2a2vss

Teddy

--
gonzo