Old August 5th 13, 12:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Eight-Year-Old Girl Dies in Frisco Mountain Bike Accident (TX)

On Sunday, August 4, 2013 4:11:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Posting news of death and injury to strangers, who have done you no harm,

What are you talking about?! Mountain bikers do us and our wildlife enormous harm. In this case, the adults are obviously at fault, for introducing a naïve young child to an extreme sport. I guarantee that no one told her she could DIE doing it.

with the whimsical word "WHOOPS" is creepy and disturbing. Characterizing a child's death with the word "whoops" is just...awful.

That's what one says when one has or witnesses an accident. It got your attention! So it's worthwhile. If you are more concerned about word usage than the poor girls DEATH, you are truly sick!