Old November 19th 13, 10:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Proof that Mountain Biking Is Unsustainable: It's Motor Vehicle-Dependent

Now you've really lost it. Did you actually bother to read the article or simply start frothing the moment Mountainbiking was mentioned and rush to post it here ?

Firstly, I quote "I’ve heard the same story from countless other Portlanders*. They could easily live without a car, and just own one to mountain bike, hike, surf, ski, climb.". It's not just about mountainbiking, it's about getting access.

Secondly, surely this statement "How do we do a better job of bringing nature to the city, or the city to nature, without a car?" is one you would support ? Or have you completely lost your principles in your pointless battle against mountainbikes ?

These guys are trying to minimise car use ...