Old August 9th 04, 04:21 PM
David Hansen

Default "I am a cycling nerd - and proud of it"

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:15:07 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be davek
wrote this:-

URL:http://www.guardian.co.uk/transport/Story/0,2763,1278255,00.html
I sit at the traffic lights, dressed in helmet and yellow neon jacket,

So what?

How come that cyclists saunter past and sit in front of me, rudely, then
run the light? They wouldn't do that in a car.

She has obviously led a sheltered life.

Every cyclist has horror stories.

Really.

UK cyclists are 10 times more likely to be harmed than
bikers in the cycling haven of Denmark, where cycle lanes are built in
such a way that road traffic can't get near them.

Elementary mistake. Cyclists and their vehicles are road traffic.

Sustrans has a lot to answer for in their stupid compliance with the
views of road builders that cyclists are not part of the traffic.

So bring on the 10,000
cyclists, but with lights and bells and some respect.

Bells are largely superfluous. The human voice is capable of a far
greater range of sounds and variable volume.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.