Old September 6th 16, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Sidewalks

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:27:18 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Thus, while I see no reason not to ride on them I can hardly see that
a bicycle can possibly have any priority of use on them.

How to ride on a walkway is an idea for another post, but I doubt that
I can get it polished by Sunday.

It's amusing that the Heritage Trail recreationway runs through the
mountain-bike trails. (Compromise: the powers that be wanted to put
a roadway through; a blackway mollified them. Thinking about their
stated reasons for wanting a roadway, and going out to actually look
at the streets, would have kept the desire from existing in the first
place, but that's another story.)

I'm usually on a bike when I use the recreationway (it's the shortest
way to Roy Street) and I'm *always* on foot when I go into the
mountain-bike trails. So in both places, I have to get out of the way
of everything that comes along. Easy both places; the Heritage Trail
is wide enough for ambulances, so I never have to dismount entirely,
as often happens on the boardwalk, and the bike trails are so narrow
that one step sideways does the trick.

Been doing all my waling in town the last few years, though.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net