Old September 2nd 17, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Mr.Tuffy liner for road bikes ok? Or 2nd tube?

On 2017-09-02 08:34, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/2/2017 10:00 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 7:44:58 AM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

Thanks. Tyrfil is what Andrew brought up and I'll contact them next
week.

I'd like to have a similar firm tire behavior as if it was pumped up
with air to 110psi. Riding comfort isn't very important, durability is.

I'll give you a prediction - you'll discover that weight is a big
problem and that you can't get the tire to properly stay in place.

Weight isn't a problem for Joerg- he said that already.

Weight is indeed no issue. Most of the time the rear of my road bike is
already so heavy that it's hard to lift. Lots of water, a package that
has to go to Fedex or some stuff I bought in the valley. Same for the
MTB (same panniers plus a top trunk).

Weight's also not a problem for a frontloader on a construction site
strewn with nails screws and various pointy things.

The tire foams and internal urethane coats for the construction and
medium weight equipment industries not only don't interfere with tire
mounting, worn tires have to be cut from the rims as normal demounting
is impossible.

That I'd be willing to do. It would only be once every 2000mi or so
because there can't be any flats or blow-outs (which would be great!).
One could just slit the tire lengthwise along the running surface and
peel it off. The filler material would go into a cheap tube which gets
sacrificed with the tire.

Anyhow, I received a PM from a rider who said a tire liner in a road
bike tire won't cause thumping at the overlap like I feel on my MTB
(where it doesn't matter). So I'll try that method first.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/