Old May 9th 17, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Cycling Clothing

On 2017-05-09 01:05, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 11:58:43 -0700, Joerg

On 2017-05-08 07:37,
wrote:
How is it that I can get a team jersey off of Ebay that's 20
years old that fits perfectly (though labeled in weird
European sizes) while it's almost impossible to get any
modern team wear that you would want to wear anywhere but to
a funeral?

Maybe you have too much European ancestry :-)

And the Chinese garments appear to be only constructed for
someone 5'6" whereas the Taiwanese garments seem to be for
Americans sizes in the American market.

The bike clothes made in Thailand, and I suspect, in China are
made in local and foreign sizes and there is about one size
difference between the sizes. I've actually got a pair of bike
shorts with a label saying "Asia - M, Eur - S".

We have an annual Bicycle Expo and I've talked to one of the
larger manufacturer of athletic clothing and they are well aware
of the differences in size and are quick to tell you if you ask
"is this a American or Thai medium?"

Just like they ask in Thai restaurant around here "Hot or Thai
hot?". Sensitive people not heeding that distinction advice risk
landing in the emergency room.

From the time I was a kid when my father used to peel and eat raw
onions I have never been much bothered by heat. You can make things
too hot to eat such as the "RED!!!" level at Thai restaurants but
unless they are designed to blow the top of your head off on purpose
I don't have any trouble.

But my wife is outraged if there's a small piece of raw onion in a
salad or a couple of drops of Tabasco in an entire bottle of Pasta
sauce. I cooked a "frig vegetable" side dish with perhaps 10
different vegetables in it to clean out the refrig vegetable bin
before they spoiled and the cooked sweet onions were too hot for
her.

Same here, except my wife likes spicy food as well. To the point where
we really have to tune down the cooking if guest from up north or Europe
are over. Where she draws the line is at Sambal Oelek. I was very happy
when we found that our local supermarket carries it. While living in the
Netherlands I grew accustomed to Indonesian food.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/