Old March 10th 04, 09:04 PM
Tom Young

Default Ride profile for Sacramento Wheelmen Sierra Century?

Hi all:

I'm looking at the "Sierra Century" put on by the Sacramento Wheelmen
June 5 as possibly my "first ever" century ride. Only thing is, the
web site doesn't have a rout profile posted, though the verbiage
suggests there's at least one pretty challenging climb: "You'll
approach the Sierra high country on your way to the legendary climb up
Slug Gulch. Those who conquer the climb will receive a special award.
If you'd like to save Slug Gulch for next year, take the bypass
option."

The description suggests – but doesn't say so in so many words – that
the "bypass" still gives you century distance. Can anybody clear this
up for me?

TIA.

Tom Young