Old June 7th 18, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Hex Wrenches

David Scheidt wrote:

I've also got assorted bits for interchangle
bit screwdrivers, and sockets, which find
a use on bikes once in a while.

No kidding, perhaps more common on my bikes
than your road bikes and MTBs. The common small
bolt heads and nuts are almost always 9mm or
10mm, sometimes 7mm or 9mm but much more rarely
so. The axle dome nuts are 14mm or 15mm, so it
is cool to have deep well sockets for the
torque wrench, and a ring wrench that is one
end 14, the other 15, prior to the torque.
Sometimes on the same axle, one nut is 14, the
other 15! On the saddle and kickstand for some
reason (likewise on furniture) 13mm is
a popular choice. So I try to cover those in
just about every format there is, socket,
ratchet, combination, ring, open, closed, deep,
driver, blah blah blah.

I fail to understand the love for Wera
drivers. They're really expensive for Chinese
made tools, and not any nicer than what
Bondhus sell.

What's the difference between the Wera Hex-Plus
and Bondhus ball end? Bondhus is great,
obviously. I have no experience with the Wera
range but I have walked by it countless of
times in the accursed hardware store...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573