Old March 31st 20, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default Cyclist nuts BMW and causes £6000 of damage

On Tuesday, 31 March 2020 20:53:15 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 8:22:31 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:

I see, so it's going to cost the driver even though their no claims
discount remains intact. Not good news then.

Whenever a driver gets their car damaged by an uninsured motorist, they can get compensation via the MIB. Uninsured drivers add about £30 to the cost of my car insurance due to a fee payable to the MIB.

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-clai...nsured-driver/

I think that only applies to those without fully comp. I have no problem with MIB but it should only be used to put a car back into minimum roadworthy condition, not cosmetic damage.