Old June 17th 18, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Helmet News

wrote:

I've been involved in a few bike accidents
over the decades. One without a helmet.
Still have the scar on my forehead 35+ years
later to remind me of that day. Not a day
I really care to remember. Others I was
wearing a helmet. Nothing to remind me of
those accidents except my memory. Well I do
have a scar under my eye from one accident.
Helmet was not a full face motorcycle helmet
so under my eye was exposed. Went to the
emergency room to get some stitches put in my
face. My experience says its better to be
wearing a helmet when you wreck that not wear
a helmet.

I think there is no doubt a helmet helps
against those injuries.

In boxing the saying goes a helmet will protect
against scars and tears but not really if you
get a haymaker straight into the planet.
Perhaps the same logic applies to bike
accidents?

As for me, I'm not that kind of rider so
I don't use a helmet but intuitively one would
think a helmet would decrease the impact in
more severe cases as well.

Anyway there should be research on this subject
not only from the bike equipment manufacturers
but also from university hospitals from all
over the world, if anyone cares enough to look
it up what their conclusions are.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573