Old July 25th 18, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default public policy theory discovers bicycles

On 7/24/2018 9:05 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
:On 7/24/2018 7:10 PM, jbeattie wrote:
: On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 3:59:35 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:
: On 2018-07-24 06:05, AMuzi wrote:
: Section #114 he
:
: https://transportation.house.gov/upl...y_section_.pdf
:
: Which is roughly the level of current motor vehicle tire tax, a fixture
: of Federal budgets since 1918.
:
:
: That'll create lots of jobs. In Thailand and China.
:
:
: ... I'll hold my breath for the Skateboard Wheel Tax.
:
:
: How about a shoe tax? And a CO2 tax per cubic-inch of lung volume. If
: not paid some government goon will tape mouth and nose shut.
:
: You want all that infrastructure including bike paths and lanes. Somebody's got to pay for it. An excise tax on tires will not skip foreign manufactured goods. Sellers of those goods in the US have to pay the tax, and it gets passed on to you in the price -- like the alcohol and tobacco taxes. If you import tires directly from Thailand, it gets collected by CBP along with custom duty and the other border add-ons like the Merchandise Processing Fee. YOU'RE SCREWED! Donald Trump is personally screwing you. The liberal snowflakes love bike tires and would not screw you -- except in Oregon where the ONLY consumer product with a separate sales tax is a bicycle. https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...e_only_bi.html $15 smackers. But no tire tax. You can even open-carry your tires in Oregon.
:
: The good news is that the posted discussion draft isn't even a bill yet. The commie liberals from Oregon will put the brakes on the tire tax. https://blumenauer.house.gov/congressional-bike-caucus Call me Earl. I actually know Earl and will tell him to stand up to the bike tire tax! No bike tire tax!! (continue chanting). Maybe we can get them to tax something else, like wood pellets or analog and mixed signal circuit designs.

:We haven't had a domestic bicycle tire (or tube) since, oh,
:1978? somewhere about then anyway.

What about our local whacko?

My hat's off to Doug Cimperman, and he owns the perseverance
award, but he's not a commercial enterprise.

Yet.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/