Old July 25th 18, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default public policy theory discovers bicycles

On 7/24/2018 9:54 PM, AMuzi wrote:

We haven't had a domestic bicycle tire (or tube) since, oh, 1978?
somewhere about then anyway.

I visited a fairly new bike shop in Akron, Ohio last week. They proudly
showed some newly available Goodyear bike tires. Goodyear (and B.F.
Goodrich, etc.) were founded in Akron, so there was some local pride
apparent. But I didn't think to ask if the tire was made in America.

BTW, my wife and I were once lucky enough to get a nice ride in a
Goodyear blimp. It's one of our treasured memories, and something not
many people get to enjoy.

Tying things together a bit: Akron has a (tiny) Lighter Than Air
society. http://www.blimpinfo.com/ They and I have some mutual
contacts, and just yesterday I was able to send them an obscure old
article from _Human Power_ magazine about the White Dwarf one person,
pedal powered blimp.

http://home.teleport.com/~reedg/whitedwarf.html

--
- Frank Krygowski