Old July 22nd 05, 12:33 AM
Chalo

Default maximum weight on a Bianchi Eros frame.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Chalo wrote:

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Maybe you ought to see how much the gent weighs before you assume that
a square taper crank/BB will be unsafe. Many have ridden square taper
w/o problem for decades, and to paint it as 'unsafe' for nearly anybody
is not accurate.

As I've told you before, I have broken two square tapers under pedaling
loads alone; one when I weighed about 240 lbs., and the other when I
weighed about 260 lbs.

And as I have mentioned, there is something amiss in the ones you used
and I do not think it's a design flaw.

I was willing to believe that after I broke the first one. I continued
to use a square taper and it cost me my six top front teeth. I would
be a damn fool to give a proven piece of junk like that another chance
to hurt me-- as would anybody over 220 lbs., in my opinion.

Many as heavy and strong as you
or more so, have used square taper for decades w/o any failures.

And several people who post here in this group have broken them. It's
not rare and it's the result of just plain bad engineering.

Chalo Colina