Old January 5th 06, 12:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default New Year pedolutionists

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:59:16 GMT, Euan wrote:

Many of these pedolutionists have limited cycling skills. They can
barely maintain a straight course just pedalling, ask them to change
lanes or go up a hill and they're all over the place. I spent large
chunks of my journey waiting for a sufficient gap in traffic so I could
give them at least a meter overtaking. Again don't get me wrong, I'm
glad to see them out on the road.

In principle it's great to see people out riding on the work. In practice,
though, I wish the ones on mountain bikes - nearly everyone I pass - would
either pick another road (than the one I happen to be using!) or ride them
in the mountains they were designed for.