Old March 17th 04, 04:49 AM
rosco

Default Switching Parts Between Bikes - Bottom Bracket in Question

"Sheldon Brown" wrote in message

what English threaded bottom bracket would folks suggest? I'm looking

for
something of only decent quality. After about a year, the parts will

return
to their original bike (assuming I can then afford a new Campagnolo

parts

I'd recommend a UN53 or UN73 68 x 115.

See: http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...&Category=1050

According to my Bottom Bracket Size database
(http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html#dura) this crank originally used a
112 asymmetrical spindle for use with a 68 mm BB, but with modern
symmetrical bbs you want to go a bit longer.

One detail I forgot to mention...

The donor rear wheel is 126mm spaced (w/ freewheel not cassette) whereas the
recipient rear spacing is 130mm. I figured by changing the axle and adding
some 2mm spacers to both sides I can make this work. Does this sound like a
good approach given the relatively short time it will remain on the
recipient bike?

Will this approach dictate a slightly shorter bottom bracket spindle for the
sake of chain line?