Old October 25th 04, 06:46 PM
the black rose

Pat wrote:
:
: This works best if you've got a bikestation at *every* train
: stop, not just a handful of them, and unfortunately the U.S.
: doesn't make biking *or* rail much of a priority.
:
:
: Yeah well, it's against the Amercan Way, ain't it?
:
: Futzin Commie! ;°
:
: EFR
: Ile de France

No, it's not "against the American Way". It's just that this country grew
in a different way from Europe. The cities are structured differently,
except for the port cities. Dallas, for example, is spread out over many
miles. That made it more difficult for bicycle commuting and easier for
automobile commuting. Throw in the summer heat and strong winds into that
equation, too. If you work 25 miles from where you live, that tends to make
it difficult for bicycle commuting. Let's don't get started on blaming
entire populations or using generalities based on country, shall we?

Pat in TX

Mm, Pat? It looked to me like she was just making fun of
the stereotype...

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie