Old October 20th 04, 02:12 AM
Terry Morse

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

In a peculiar way, the season's first rain ride is something I look forward
to. Rather than it being a hassle (getting out the rain bike and the piles
of rain-appropriate apparel), it's an adventure.

Mike,

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one out in that deluge today. I
managed only one lap on Old La Honda, which was littered with tree
bits that the wind and rain had sent hurtling to the pavement. I
would have done some more climbing (must stay on track towards the
200-mile mark, 53,640' to go), but descending through the debris was
not pleasant. Of course, the first rain ride of the season wouldn't
be complete without a flat tire. Glad to have that out of the way.

One more thing. This will be the year that I get some fenders.
Eating mud thrown up by the front tire is not that enjoyable, after
all.