Old August 16th 05, 11:23 AM
cathwood

Default Camping delights

Mikefule wrote:
*We need to be careful here. A unicycle tyre contains a combustible
substance under pressure. A spanner can give someone quite a nasty
bruise. Whilst it would be comparatively easy to sneak a suitcase
full of hard drugs and a pair of explosive shoes into the Whitehouse
or the Palace of Westminster, security may balk at allowing a unicycle
onto a plane!

Joking apart, Cathwood, make sure you let the air out of your tyre.
The aircraft hold will be at low pressure. It's only about 5 - 10 psi
difference, but quite sudden, and you don't want any nasty banging
noises as you take off. Don't try to carry tools or a pump etc. in
your hand luggage as they will be stopped and confiscated by security.
Baggage handlers do NOT treat baggage with tender concern as if it
were their own, so pack the unicycle carefully.

Lastly, we all demand photos of you unicycling in Turkey, complete
with yashmak, cheap carpet, and cup of incredibly strong sweet coffee.
Extra bonus points if you're carrying a Greek flag. *

I'll do my best.

thanks for the tyre advice. I took the uni to Morrocco in April. I
didn't know about letting the tyre down. It could have been nasty!

Cathy

--
cathwood - Lunicyclist

A thought is just a thought.