Old June 2nd 13, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Cycle Computer

I know this is crazy to ask, but does anyone still have the users manual for this cyclocomputer? I just found it and wanted to program it. thanks!

On Wednesday, June 19, 1996 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Smagallon wrote:
In article ,
(Esmail Bonakdarian) writes:

From article , by Brian V. McGroarty
:
Esmail Bonakdarian wrote:
The only feature I'd miss is cadence - I find this information very
important in avoiding knee problems (for me).

What, in this context, is "cadence?"

Hi Brian,

cadence refers the the number of pedal revolutions, the faster you
spin you pedals, the higher your cadence, and consequently the less
pressure you have to apply each time around. I find that for me a
cadence of around 100-110 works great, though this is probably much
higher than most people's.

It's like the tachometer on a car, it measures the engine's RPM, in case
the speed of your legs.