Old September 13th 19, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Drop Bar Hydraulic Disk

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 8:39:04 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 5:20:49 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/12/2019 6:32 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
I think that I'm going to change my flat bar bike over to a drop bar. There were no road shifters with hydraulic brakes until after I had put it together. (Or maybe they were so frightfully expensive we didn't move in the same spheres)

The problem appears to be that it is a 10 speed and the only hydraulic shifter I can find appear to be either 11 speed or Di2.

Were 10 speed hydraulic shifters even made?

I really would hate to have to change over to 11 speeds.

Next time you need a chain/cassette just go to 11:
https://www.wiggle.com/campagnolo-po...1-speed-ergos/

Same hub, quick upgrade.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

The problem is with 11 speeds I have to also replace the rear and front derailleurs, rear cassette, the cranks and the chain.

I have tried using a 10 speed cassette that was actually an 11 with a missing cog and it is noisy as hell. You absolutely have to use an 11 speed chain. Then the front derailleur doesn't work properly.

Try Google: https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/produ...T-RS405-R.html

Problem solved, assuming you're updating a Shimano equipped bike and not Campagnolo. And why do you want hydro discs? You were claiming they were dangerous and put you over the bars on your CX bike.

BTW, I updated my commuter to 11sp so I could get hydro discs for the long rainy season. I should have gone with the Tiagra 10sp and saved some dough.. Anyway, my FD is a 600EX museum piece, and it works fine. My crank is a 10sp, and it works fine. You don't need to update those things, unless you are switching over from Campy and there is some other issue.

-- Jay Beattie.