Old August 30th 19, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default 50.4 BCD TA vs. VO

On 8/29/2019 7:41 PM, Chris Collins wrote:
Thanks Tim...by email the said 116mm, I don't know where you got 118mm (not doubting, just don't know).

Why can't I get a R+2 instead if trying to crank it over 2mm, what if a great fit is +3 or +4?

Because it's utterly different.
If the manufacturer says JIS 116mm symmetric, use that.

The crank you're using has absolutely no similarities to a
classic TA crank, technically. If you think it looks
something like a TA crank, fine. But it just isn't.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/