Old October 21st 04, 02:40 AM
Fx199

Subject: Spin bike for off-season fitness improvement
From: "Roger Zoul"
Date: 10/20/2004 4:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time
Badger_South wrote:
|| On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:14:58 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
|| wrote:
||| Good stuff, Peter. Everything you say is making a lot of sense in
||| my head. Thanks. I do have that iPod and I can make playlist, even
||| though i don't plan to bring the bike inside.
||| For a final question, what do you think about rollers?
|| I'm heading out to get myself a trainer that's on sale at
|| Performance, $200bucks, with a special (yeah, right) padded wheel
|| that minimizes wheel wear. The nice thing about Performance is that
|| they take stuff back no questions asked, especially if they have
|| problems, even if you've had it for a week.
|| Fortunately they have two mag/fluid trainers set up in the front of
|| the store so you can try them and see if you like the 'feel'. It's
|| way nicer than a stationary bike. I'll probably end up getting a
|| road bike and dedicate my 7500FX to the trainer.

Please let me know what you get.....it's hard to ignore spending $200 as
opposed to $800 on a spin bike (w/ shipping).

|| -B

I still say get the rollers...

I have been on mine about 8 times now...very addictive...tons of sweating and
hard breathing. It's so smooth, it[s got to be good for rehabbing you knees,
etc.

Performance has a cheap pair for like 160 bucks. The take up zero space,
they're flat and foldable.

You can watch TV, some people even ride no handed and clipped in.

After about 3-4 tries it becomes easy.