Old March 28th 21, 12:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Default Replace Shimano 600EX crank set replacement

Op zaterdag 27 maart 2021 om 23:41:04 UTC+1 schreef Joerg:
On 3/18/21 2:58 PM, Joerg wrote:
My chain rings are through again but replacements have become expensive.
It's now much cheaper to buy a simple crank set of another brand.
Preferably steel because aluminum wears so fast. What I have is:

Shimano 600EX, 52/42T, bottom bracket is 116mm JIS taper.

What I'd like to replace it with is this Vuelta Corsa set:

https://smile.amazon.com/Vuelta-8150...dp/B0081UV2NU/

Only 50T which is kind of ok but the 32T lower will move me up hills
much better. Getting old, and all that sort of thing. However, says it's
for 110mm BB and I wonder if my chain line would go out of whack. I'll
ask on Amazon as well but usually there aren't good answers that way.

My shifters are simple friction levers and the front DR cage looks tall
enough to handle the 50/32 step.

Do you guys think this would work?

Long story short, I ordered the 53/39T Version with 130mm BCD - junk.
The cheap bolts were overtorqued and two of the Allen inserts stripped.
Plus they didn't send Vuelta Corsa but some no-name that was quite
scuffed up. Goes back for a refund :-(
--
Regards, Joerg

That what I would expect from a 36 dollar crankset....junk.

Lou