Old April 6th 21, 06:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default tubeless or tubes

On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 21:48:23 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 10:39:35 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I don't see the logic for tubeless tires on a garbage cart.

Tubeless is cheaper because there's no inner tubes. I paid $10/ea for
the 4.10 x 3.50 inner tubes. My guess(tm) is that two inner tubes
would have added $2 to the price of a $60 dolly.

I would
think solid, or foam filled would be better...

I borrowed a hand truck that had something in the tires besides air. I
have 50 stairs going up to the house. Going down those stairs, with a
fully loaded 33 gallon trash can required a little care. When I did
it with air filled tires, they sorta bounced down the stairs. With
the borrowed hand truck, it felt like I was going to crack the stair
treads. Air is compressible. Foam, not so compressible. I didn't
break anything but I noticed that many nail heads were sticking out of
the stair treads from the bouncing. That won't happen again because I
replaced most of the nails with deck screws.

unless of course you
are running down the street after the garbage truck shouting "Am I too
late?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODEShfdxoR0

Cute. In the left coast hills, on the US side of the pond, we do have
an appropriately named garbage collection service:
https://www.greenwaste.com/santa-cruz-county/
The green is apparently for greenbacks, not the ecology. I'm cheap
and prefer to haul my refuse to the nearby transfer station in the
back of my Subaru:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/home/Trash%20tight%20fit.jpg
Three cans sorta fit with the lid inverted. I recycle as much as
possible. My guess(tm) is about 12 trash cans per year.
https://dpw.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/Home/RecyclingTrash/RecyclingandDisposalFacilities.aspx
https://dpw.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/Portals/19/pdfs/recycles/2020-2021%20Santa%20Cruz%20County%20Fee%20Information%2 0Worksheet%20V3.pdf?ver=vZCsHWeR8uSqcTN7IuiF5w%3d% 3d
$12.50 / 32 gallon trash can minus 10% for seniors.

Most of your references won't load, or won't load here, or it is the
wrong day of the year, or something, but I did connect with the
Greenwaste site and as I read it you have to pay to have your garbage
collected?

Here the government, city/Town/whoever collects the garbage and hauls
it off for free. In Bangkok you package it - black garbage bag will
suffice, and set it outside the gate and it vanishes, several mornings
a week. Here in the country, in out housing area, they set plastic 55
gallon drums on the street corners and you carry your garbage/trash
out and put it in the drum.

If I lived 50 steps up in the air I'd build a tram or sell the house
:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.