Old April 8th 21, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

Default Crazy eBay offers

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 05:27:05 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 6:07:20 PM UTC-7,
wrote:
On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:34:03 PM UTC-4,
wrote:
It isn't as if I am overcharging for my bikes on eBay. And boxing and
sending them is a definite pain in the butt and now VERY EXPENSIVE.
Especially compared to just a couple of years ago. Offers are mostly
less than FRAMESETS are selling for on a Di2 equipped bike. To send a
bike by ground transportation from Oakland to Washington DC is $400
with packing and shipping. This is WITHOUT insurance. Not to mention
that absolute pain-in-the ass of having to move around a package that
side by yourself. Yeah, it only weighs 26 lbs. but it is 56" long and
36" tall and 7" wide. I can just barely get it in the trunk of my car
leaving the trunk lid open. Dumbass eBay wouldn't print the label for
UPS on my last bike so I had to do everything myself. I wasted half a
tank of gas doing everything this way. With a label I could have had
it picked up at the dealer that packed the bike.

So why are you doing this??

- Frank Krygowski

I'm doing it so that other people not as stupid as you can have a bike
that they are proud of. One would think that as a supposed mechanical
engineer that such things would be obvious to you. But as we can see
from everyone of your postings, you are afraid of advanced technology
and probably are still using downtube shifter.

Pure bull**** silly little tommy.
the average punter would be far better to buy a down-shifter than some
complex piece of modern fashion.