Old April 8th 21, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Crazy eBay offers

On 4/8/2021 3:11 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

It was a difficult 5 minute search, but I think I found it. Is it
this one?

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

There were several different Emonda variants in 2018. At $3500 for a
used one with no warranty presumably it's the Émonda SLR ($6500 new),
but the listing doesn't say.

A rule of thumb for used bicycles in person to person sales isthat it's
worth 60% of the new MSRP at the time (if the used bike is in pristine
condition) and upgrades do not improve the value. So $6500 * 0.60 =
$3900, so $3650 is not unreasonable considering the cosmetic damage that
is noted. But if it's a lower-end model then the price is high.