Old April 11th 21, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Replace Shimano 600EX crank set replacement

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 12:29:32 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:
On 4/3/21 11:28 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op zondag 4 april 2021 om 03:04:43 UTC+2 schreef :
On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 10:53:28 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 3:42:37 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 3:08:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
6,000 miles a year until two years ago when it dropped to 5,500 and then last year when I barely made 4,000 with the F-ing lockdown.
Did the lockdown in California make it illegal for you to leave your house and ride alone? Or did all of the group rides in your area get canceled due to the lockdown? And you being a very sociable, loving person, would never ever ride alone. You have to be riding with someone to go out for a ride. Or are you simply blaming someone else you don't like for choosing to ride less last year?
The lockdown reduced my mileage because I wasn't commuting, and I was working a lot and didn't have the discipline to get up from my desk and go for a ride -- which also didn't help my weight. Commuting is compelled mileage, and even my relatively short commute was good for my fitness. I've really had to work at getting my daily mileage back up and throwing in rides that at least equaled my commute. I don't know what accounts for Tom's drop in mileage, but one would assume growing older does not help. I am not anticipating getting stronger as I grow older.

-- Jay Beattie.
OK. Makes sense. When I commuted I would get 4 miles per day guaranteed. Not much. But it did get me on the bike. Also made it easier to get on another bike when I got home and head out for a longer ride. I also, and still, am suffering from a lack of initiative to ride. All the group rides were canceled last year so no incentive to get out and ride. They have started up for this year but the laziness bug is still infecting me.

I'm puzzled that so many people lack the motivation to go for a ride during the lockdown.

+1

COVID had next to zero influence on my riding miles.

... That was/is more or less the only fun thing to do for me except no coffee stops. I organized my own:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/suueNpvjwVh2Ruwo8

Coffee? Nah. We kept making our regular beer stops for lunch. At times
that meant riding other routes than usual, mostly into our less
restrictive El Dorado County versus Sacramento County. During rides into
more restrictive regions I carried homebrew for me and the guys in the
left pannier. IPA is very tolerant WRT rougher rides (MTB).
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Just saw this https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...305338807.html $65 and you could get him to ship it.