Old June 11th 20, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

Default Your gearing is obsolete

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/11/2020 2:14 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 8:01:23 PM UTC+2, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, 11 June 2020 11:53:41 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://bikerumor.com/2018/06/23/com...nx-gx-x01-xx1/

For those who fondly recall 13~17 freewheels, there's a new
10~50 cassette!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

How does the weight of that 10-50 cassette compare to a three allow
chainrings and a 7-speed or 8-speed steel cassette of 14-32?

Weight isn't the reason to come up with this kind of stuff. Get rid of the FD is.

Because it's SO difficult to move another lever?

It’s the extra maintenance etc, and equally I’m told that frame designs
benefit ie for full suspension MTB.

Personally I have 1-9 2-9 and 2-10, Triples yes can be a bit tedious, but
doubles effectively you use a hi/low range and don’t need to keep switching
rings often.

Don’t get me wrong the 1-9 is lovely on the commute no effort, but I’ve yet
to see a pressing reason to upgrade my other two bikes.

Roger Merriman