Old June 24th 20, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Bigger handlebar bag

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:41:22 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

Somebody must. My son was telling me about one of his dealers in Northern California
that had a customer who spent almost $.5 million on bikes and stuff. This was
probably over a period of ten or twenty years, and I'm not clear on how he racked
up the expenditures, but he owns a ton of S-Works bikes. I'm sure he gets immediate
attention when he comes into the store -- and blow and hookers. What a cash cow.
He was probably the guy who bought one of these:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-...eo-sl/p/170237
Probably not a utility cyclist.

-- Jay Beattie.

$13,500 for an S-Works Turbo Creo SL. If he spends the entire
$500,000 on bicycles (minus sales tax), that would be 33 bicycles.
Over a 10 to 20 year period, that's 1.7 to 3.3 bicycles per year. One
possibility is that he would ride a new bicycle downhill, crash, and
then purchase a replacement bicycle upon recovery. Or, perhaps he
doesn't like to see paint scratches and replaces the bicycle before
the scratch can weaken the CF frame. Whatever the buyer is doing, it
must be working well for him to perpetuate it for 10 to 20 years.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D